Learn & WatchSubmitMagazine
- Breakfast Brunch
- Appetizers Snacks
- Lunch /Dinner
- Side Dishes
- Sauces & Stuff
ShopOur content is meticulously curated through independent research, testing, reviews, and AI-driven recommendations, all designed to present you with the finest product choices. When you make a purchase through our links, it could result in us earning a commission.
- Current Issue
- Digital Issue & Back Issue Library
- Online Extras
- FREE Newsletter
- Give a Gift
- Online Education
- Manage My Account
- Contact Us
The Best Coffee Maker Mats of 2024Show contentsCompare the Best Coffee Maker Mat of 2024
- Everie Appliances Coffee Maker Mat - Best Overall
- AMOAMI Coffee Maker Mat - Easy to Clean
- Silicone Trivets Coffee Maker Mat - Super Flexible
- S&T Java and Coffee Maker Mat - Honorable Mention
- Nifty Medium Coffee Maker Mat - Also Consider
- Original Burlap Coffee Maker Mat - Contender
Best Coffee Maker Mat Buying Guide
Best Coffee Maker Mat Buying Guide
We drink coffee so often that it is not a stretch to call it a daily ritual, and many people do not bat an eyelid at the prospect of spending two hundred bucks on a coffee maker. For a lot of us in the working class, the hurly-burly of each day would be near-unbearable without that rich, steamy cup of coffee we brew for ourselves at the crack of dawn. That is all well and good until you find that those annoyingly unexpected spills occur a lot more often than one would expect. All the worse if you have one of those vintage wooden or light-colored countertops that retain stains for better or worse, till death do apart. With the advent of a simple, yet incredibly efficient technology, you can avoid stains and all that messiness entirely. Yes, the answer is a coffee maker mat, and the best part is your wallet does not even get a scratch from purchasing one or two of these. The right one is easy to handle, lightweight, extremely absorbent of any type of liquid, and can be cut to fit any edge and tabletop. This buying guide will shed some light on the wonder that is the coffee maker mat and highlight some points to consider that will ultimately help you make the best choice of coffee maker mats for your home or place of work.
How Do I Know Which Coffee Maker Mat Is Right for Me?
There are few options to consider, as selecting a mat is not rocket science. However, there are some basic things to be aware of and, consequently, factors to reflect on to acquire something that meets your taste and expectations. For your perusal, we have saved you the stress of research and enumerated these factors below:
A functional coffee maker mat should be made from highly absorbent Nano-materials and microfibers that quickly snatch coffee splashes and bean stains. You should also be able to throw it in with the rest of the laundry at the next wash without worrying that it might get ruined or frayed. Additionally, it is a plus if the coffee mat is reversible. Polyester, olefin, and viscose are great fiber options for coffee maker mats.
The options are quite plentiful, to be frank. Some coffee maker mats sport minimalist designs and occasionally come plain, while others have intricate patterns or cute coffee bean and cup sketches. As a coffee-making enthusiast, your part is to find one that appeals to your sense of style, and the rest is history.
When hunting for a coffee mat, focus on brands with higher ratings and positive customer reviews. Compare and weigh these options, determine if the price is right for you and go for the one that most fits the bill. This way, you know you are choosing from tested and trusted products. Luckily, after careful research on our part, some of the very best of these products have been pulled together just for you in this guide.
Depending on your home or office setting, you might have to make some adjustments to your coffee maker mat to ensure it fits the available space. This means that your prospective choice should be made of easily trimmable material. Ease of use in multiple scenes is a handy benefit as a good mat can work with other indoor coffee-oriented house appliances like cups, mixers, coffee grinders or containers, and even toasters that tend to make a mess when in use.
Anti-slip or slide-friendly?
When you want to refill your coffee machine, do you have to carry it to the water source, or is the coffee maker close enough to the machine that it does not require moving? If you have to move it, then a slide-friendly mat is more appropriate for you. The anti-slip variant has a waterproof, frictionless bottom pad that sticks to the countertop to keep it stationary. It is a viable alternative for coffee makers that do not require moving to be refilled. This simple solution also helps protect those countertops that are more vulnerable to scuffs and abrasions.
With the above tips, making the dream selection of coffee maker mats ought to be a much easier ordeal for you now. As a side note, we have addressed a couple of questions that could come to your mind during your decision-making.
Compare the Best Coffee Maker Mat of 20241– Best Overall
The Everie tray coffee maker mat provides a long-lasting solution to the immobility of heavy kitchen appliances, especially those on the tabletop. You can simply move your espresso machine, coffee maker, stand mixer, or blender from under the cabinet and move it back without spilling or risking steam warps and stains on your cabinet.Key Features
2– Easy to Clean
- Has a button of ergonomic design used to control its movement and brakes
- Has rolling wheels for durability, as well as a brake to keep it on hold
- This tray’s size is 31x28cm as it is 11 in wide by 12.2 in deep
- Maximum weight capacity is 30lbs
- It weighs 2.4 pounds and is great at handling very large appliances and kitchen tools
- It is made of sturdy rubber and plastic material that aids its carriage functions and ease of use
The AMOAMI Coffee Maker Mat is an indispensable kitchen accessory that keeps countertops clean and tidy. Its special PU surface is designed to hide coffee stains, milk stains, and any other dark, messy stains, making it an easy-to-clean and quick-drying mat. Its durable rubber backing prevents water from seeping underneath the mat, preventing it from leaving stains on the countertop. This remarkable mat is not limited to just being a coffee mat; it is also great for drying dishes, cups, or other items in the kitchen, bar, or bathroom.
The mat is made with a highly absorbent material that dries quickly and effectively with no need for frequent cleaning. It fits perfectly under a coffee maker, coffee machine, espresso machine, or dish rack so that its convenience can be maximized in the kitchen. Boasting a smooth texture and modern design, the AMOAMI Coffee Maker Mat adds a professional yet aesthetic look to any countertop. With its reliable performance, this mat integrates both practicality and style in every setting.Key Features
3– Super Flexible
- Accurate size measurements
- Protects countertops from spills
- Looks nice and presentable
As the name implies, the Silicone Trivets coffee maker mat is made from silicone, making it flexible and able to withstand heat. The heat is distributed with the help of the mat to protect the hands from burns by hot pots or lids and is great for extremely cold temperatures.Key Features
4– Honorable Mention
- The silicone trivets are made from 100% BPA free food-grade silicone
- It is suitable for handling hot dishes or pans of size 9×12 inch, and 340g weight per set of two
- This product functions as a hot pad, pot holder drying mat, spoon rest among others
- From -20 to +480 degrees can be withheld by this silicone mat
- Asides from its many functions, it withstands extreme cold as much as it withstands heat
- Durable, flexible, waterproof, and can be washed with a dishwasher
You can easily trim this S&T java and coffee maker mat product to fit the size of your coffee maker or other tabletop appliances. It aids the easy movement of your appliances from under the cabinet. It is also outstanding for its stylish designs and washing machine-friendly quality.Key Features
5– Also Consider
- This product has a beautiful print on the visible part and a solid color on the reverse side
- You can easily slide your coffee maker from under the cabinet on this mat to avoid steam warps affecting the cabinet
- Weighs 2.39 ounces making it easy to wash in a washing machine
- It can be reversed to use any of the two sides and also trimmed to fit coffee maker size
- It is made of fabric and in a rectangular shape perfect for accommodating appliances
The Nifty medium coffee maker mat is the most convenient product for smaller kitchen appliances. Its integrated rolling system is important for the easy movement of appliances around the tabletop to convenient positions of use. It is a great fit for your kitchen table as it takes up only a small space; hence, it doesn’t cause any disorganization.Key Features
- A fantastic feature of this movable tray is its non-slip pad that holds your appliances put and prevents sliding during movement
- Its usable surface dimension is 13.2” in length and 9.5” in width, while its unit dimensions are 15.5” in length and 10.25” in width, and 1” in height
- Due to its small size, it prevents clusters on tabletops
- It has a rolling system that enables you to utilize your kitchen appliances properly, moving them back and forth in an organized fashion
The Original Burlap coffee maker mat is typical for its many decorating styles and vibes that include; western ranch, contemporary music, and farmhouse country. It is customized to fit almost all home décor and is flat enough to move kitchen appliances easily.Key Features
- The designs of this product are very artistic, with frayed edges for the farm décor style sewn strategically to prevent further loosening
- It has a 14”x18” dimension and weighs 1.58 ounces
- The fabric is treated with Scotchgard fabric protector to make it stain resistant
- The art printing process is beautifully done with environmentally friendly Oeko-Tex 100 certified ink
- Handmade product
- It is cut, sewn, printed, and packaged in Wyoming USA
- Any wrinkle on this product can be removed with water and hot iron. Hence, it is heat resistant and can serve as a mat for hot pots/pans
FAQQ: What do I look out for before purchasing a coffee maker mat?
A: Asides from the above-stated factors to consider, the size, shape, pattern, and color should come to mind. Make sure to compare the dimensions of your would-be coffee maker mat to those of the surface you intend to place it on.Q: Can a coffee maker mat withstand rigorous use?
A: These mats are made of highly durable materials and can be used and reused with concomitant hand or machine-washing for years. They will give you the best value for money over time. The average coffee maker mat can serve you for up to a decade.Q: Where can I use a coffee maker mat?
A: The coffee maker mats are an excellent addition to the kitchen. They work for coffee makers and many other kitchen appliances prone to spilling liquid. They are also great in offices, businesses, or public establishments with a coffee maker that serves many people.Q: Does my coffee mat have to be reversible?
A: Reversible coffee maker mats slide easily so that you can conveniently move the coffee maker across your counter for a water refill. If this is a function you desire, then seeking a mat with that attribute is a valuable choice.Q: What materials make a good coffee maker mat?
A: As mentioned above, viscose, polyester, and olefin perform up to standard when it comes to absorption power and durability. Look out for these materials in your quest for acquisition.