Test Kitchen Tip
Start planning your Thanksgiving Day celebration today to avoid any bumps and stumbles down the road. Here are a few things to consider doing this week:
- Decide on your menu. What do you want to serve? How many guests will you have? Tailor your dinner to what you can reasonably manage based on your skills, kitchen space, and finances.
- Assemble your recipes, and write out a grocery list.
- Double-check your kitchen equipment. You’ll need: a thermometer, butcher twine, casserole dishes, bowls, serving utensils, and a roasting pan with a rack. Do you prefer to carve with an electric knife? Make sure it’s in good working order.
- If you’re planning to cook a fresh or heritage turkey, order now if you haven’t already done so.
- Plan your table settings. Make sure you have enough flatware, silverware, and glasses. Iron table clothes and napkins. Make arrangements for flowers. Will you need more chairs or a kids’ table? How about decorations and candles? Assemble and store everything.
- Sharpen your knives.